CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 13 November 2008

22/09/2008 -- Goodbye Brunei.. The time has come for me to pursue my dreams and ambitions, a step forward towards a future.. The flight was scheduled after sungkai. But, I checked in earlier, putting all my luggages in the cargo earlier in the afternoon. I had always been a strong and independent person. It never came across my mind that I will be missing those I left behind so much.. I never expected to see myslef crying in the embrace of people. But then, when I realised it, I was hugging my little sister who was sobbing so hard. Although my intention was to calm her, to assure her that I will always contact her, my heart became so fragile that I started to shed tears.. Adik was crying really hard and the others started to follow. Words after words of encouragement and motivation were wispered into my ears, giving me faith that I will always have them by my side, supporting my every move and cheering me all the way.. I was crying really hard when i hugged tua, who has always been there and is more that an aunt, but more like a mother. She did not even look me in the eye, maybe because she would find it hard to let go. I must respect my parents though. After seeing my uncle and auntie crying so hard over their daughter (my cousin, who is also going with me) I expect they would be acting the same. But they weren't. They were very calm but I can feel their shaky hands when I kissed them. Then I learned that they have to keep a straight face, sending me away with a smile, hoping that I can be strong. Then, I find him, My fiance. My loving fiance, who has always been there, througout the whole process. In fact, I was not sure I wanted to do this, considereing that I've had a good job and a future. But, he pushed me to take that next step, believing in me.. Even when I almost give up (when filling in teh application form).. he was there. He was the first I called, telling him the good/bad news that I got into the university and when I got the scholarship.. I still remember his trembling hands holding mine tight, as if not to let go, but also to assure me that he will always be there.. (At the airport L to R: Waina, the agent who deal with our university application, Erni, my cousin who happen to be in the same uni and we are staying in the same house, Aza, who is also a cousin of mine, Aziz going to Kent, Mizah also going to Kent and Me)

0 comments: