CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 25 November 2008

Masa my departure to UK, 22/09/2008...

This was masa I organised a BBQ as a celebration that I got a job.. I think. Dont really remember.. I was being the photographer, with the kids enjoying themselves (battling the dance) while the guys hahah bbq ayam d luar..kesian...

Me and Lida as well as Rosho (not in picture) decided to spend time together as a farewall party for my last day at work :( So, we ate lunch at Pizza Hut with Mawar and also Bareezah but then they have to attend workhop (which I was also supposed to attend :P) so us 3 went to the Arcade and jadi kanak2 sekajap haha.. This image was us in one of the karaoke box..


Me in the Geography Department, SMJA.. Posted there on 1/4/2008.. until 30/8/2008. I was at the back because the photographer arranged us in a way the tall goes at the back.. haha.. and this was supposed to be the "free-style" hahha. Girls rule!!



Anna Abu Bakar and Nela Awang: Two former reporters from The Brunei Times... Behind me is my desk haha..siuk kali ah, I got my own desk and own PC .. good times




Me surrounded by my students from 4Sc1, SOAS College, 2007.. Yup, all boys~~





Preparation for Graduation 11 Sept 2007: Effa, Me, Earnny and Ira






Me, Effa, Earnny and Hjh Anne during our visit to Sek Men Saidina Othman, Bukit Beruang Tutong for our module's "School Organisation" case study.. Hahaha I remember I was the "driver" and I used aniki's corolla and the car was MANUAL.. yuhu to me..






















Now I have in total 7 assignments!!! bwooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Ryte now what I can summarise is that "Biological and environmental science as well as Geophysics" that's what i'm actually doing right now. Alhamdulillah my Google Earth KML Programming is done..out of the scene.. Now all left:








1) A report on the different views and interpretation of Spatial Analysis as well as its application in various fields of study








2) A report on satellite instrumentation for earthquake monitoring








3) A laboratory report for Geographic Information Systems: Idrisi Andes








4) A laboratory report for Remote Sensing or Earth Observation via Envi software








5) A report and presentation on Earth observation methods for Forest Fires detection to formulate possible precautionary measures








6)A report on a case study of Northern Territories, Australia, evaluating the use of remote sensing for assessing fire risk.








7) A report and presentation on the issues of Poverty and Food Security














Wahh.. so many things to do and so little time... I've been spending time reading in the library but mcm not enough.. Theres too much research to do. And I learnt from my friend also my cousin... that she do not have exams.... Wah.. so easy ey.. She only have to worry about courseworks.. How I wish I do not have exams.. Why have exams when there is already plenty of work to do.. I realised this is not "school-level" work anymore but Masters.. so have to pay the price hahaha..sabar2.. I've had worst.. back in UBD.. I survived with unexpectedly good grades with so many things happening at once.. mulah sawal left us, I was involved in a serious car accident and missed out a lot of lectures..







I remember that time, first day of lecture and I was involved in a car accident with aniki.. It was severe that I had a couple of stitches in my face (below my eyes, my left cheek, my chin and under my mouth) I had to used sun-protection cream when I went out coz technically the left side of my face was almost peeled off. Then, coming back to uni was tough since I missed a lot and I had no idea what the lecturer was talking about. Have to do my own studies by myself..







Then, not long after my recovery.. I got the sad news that Sawal was no longer with us. I was devastated!! I feel like Allah had given me the ultimate challenge. During the difficult times, I was not able to concentrate on my studies and as a result.. I got a "D" as my overall score for the first semester. At least I did not failed, I thought.. But then I realised, I should not be taken aback with it, instead I channelled my energy to studying.. I believe that I am much better than a D and can perform way better.. His death and all that I had faced, I take them as a force to push me ahead and Alhamdulillah... my grades improved.







Along the way, I had another car accident!! I know.. I was like so jinxed!! Hahha.. then, there were times that aniki enrolled in the army and had to be in camp for a long time. Then, I have three jobs to juggle.. As a student, a household manager (mom have a business and dad works in shifts..so yeah..I was the leader of the pack!!) and to be my mother's driver and personal assistant whenever dad works afternoon and night shifts.. It was tiring and to balance both with my studies was really hard.. BUt then, I managed to pull through with the help of EHEM.. (my fiance). Yup, he had given me the upmost support and is always there to help me out and shout out "Gambatte" when I feel like I can no longer do it!!







Then, comes the Teaching Practise as the last module to get the degree. I was sent to SOAS... an all-boy school.. I was horrified when I found out and my cousin told me that the school was bad news.. Waaaa.. I was ready to consult the supervisor to ask for another school. First day at SOAS was bad................................................. I was always shy in front of people, not to imagine in a class full of hormons-driven male teenagers!!!! I thought I would froze to death right then!! So I told myself, it was another challenge and I have to face it. At last, I was close with the students and manage to had good times.. Until now, I still stay in touch with them (some of them though) ahha..







Graduation came and I was proud of myself. Besyukur and glad that I did not gave up back then. Because, if I did.. I would not be able to become what I am today and my parents as well as my family would suffer.. At one time, I do think that I want to quit uni and find a job to help my parents, but then I realised.. with just "A" level qualification, what job can I get that can support a family of 9??? I was thinking to end the struggle right then... so that my parents do not have to spend any money on my education anymore.. Sekali, I pondered if just gaji sedikit, I think I would make their lives much more difficult.. So, I carry on and in the end.. I got a good job as a reporter at The Brunei Times and earn good money.. Masa atu tah, I can really contribute to my family and I do not have to ask for any single penny from my parents.. I can pay for the car as well..







In BT, I learned a lot. ABout people and communication as well as self confidence. I also improved my writings hehe.. I get to know Nuri (photographer from Religious Affairs who happen to took the pictures for my engagement) and Anna (another reporter currently in Korea) and others.. They are different and I was out of my comfort zone.. But, I survived BT and still manage to maintain the same old Nela but develop other qualities... I became more confident, more independent and more mature.







Now, I;m pursuing my dreams.. I had always dreamt to further my studies in a foreign land.. That was exactly what I wrote in my essay entitled "cita-cita saya" back in Primary School. After this, I would relax and take some time off.. spend more times with family, and possibly getting married first.. I am still thinking of getting a PHD..maybe soon later, when everything settles down, but I wont forget it

0 comments: